- Both Curtis Sliwa and Ron Kuby want to re-establish their show on another radio station
- Four radio stations have already expressed interested in hosting a new Curtis and Kuby show
- Ron Kuby does not have any current radio gig, and could move tomorrow morning. Curtis Sliwa, though, is still under contract with WABC for another 2 1/2 years. Though they don't want him for themselves, their strategy is to "warehouse" Curtis in the 5am-6am slot, when he still can be heard, and guest hosting at other times. The idea is to protect doddering imbecile Imus from the Curtis/Kuby team, which had killed Imus in the ratings for years.
- Curtis has played the loyal soldier here. He has not criticized WABC at any time for its treachery. But he's no dummy. He has hired an attorney to help resolve the contract issue.
- If WABC is smart, it will let Curtis Sliwa out of his contract. If they do not, they will soon have a war--not so much with Curtis Sliwa, but with an army of their listeners, who are very angry with the way Curtis Sliwa and Ron Kuby have been treated.
December 09, 2007
WABC- Curtis Sliwa in "internal exile"
The Phantom sent a team of psychic detectives to read the minds of WABC Program Director Phil Boyce and NY radio star Curtis Sliwa. Here's what we found: