May 05, 2008

Brooklyn Bound N Train Derails in Manhattan

I was in the City Sunday, and the trains were running strange on the way back. At 630pm, an N train came in to City Hall, which is not normal. It was very crowded. It ran on the local track to Pacific Street, where I caught --another N train-- on the express track. I got off at 59th Street, and walked the rest of the way home.

Turns out that the strange behavior of the trains stemmed from the fact that a Brooklyn bound N train had derailed north of 57th Street, Manhattan. 449 passengers had to be evacuated, but it looks like no one was hurt.

The R train at the time was being "re-routed along the F train" and I am not sure what that means so I am happy I decided to walk home from 59th Street. You get a feel for these things after decades of riding these trains.

Service expected to be normal for Monday morning. Doesn't matter to me, since I am taking the day off so that the Direct TV guy can restore their wonderful service to the Phantom Estate.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Glad to hear you weren't on the derailed N. We were on a D train at about the same time.

And who knew you had an estate out here in the Ridge? Nice.