OK, here's the deal. There's an excellent chance that I will be traveling to Cannes, France this September to hang out and visit with friends. And if I do that, I will probably make an overdue visit to Ireland before or after the French leg.
And I may rent a car over there, the first time I'd be driving on the left side of the road! Though being unfamiliar with a stick, will get an automatic vehicle, still an unusual thing over there.
Here's where I need some information from my friends over there:
- I may fly in to Belfast Airport and out of Dublin Airport, or vice versa.
- I -may- rent a car. Which of the car rental firms would have the lowest drop-off charges, or cheapest overall rates?
- Is it cheaper to rent a vehicle and/or to buy petrol in the North ( have heard both )
- Recommendations as to cheap but good hotels in Belfast
- Outside of the main downtown area in Belfast, can you park for free on the street?
- Are there any toll roads either side of the border ( don't think so, but have heard of people accidentally getting in trouble by driving on such roads in Europe )