October 01, 2006

Fourth Avenue Repaving

 

I was surprised the other night when I saw trucks scraping the asphalt off Fourth Avenue in the high Sixties and lower Seventies, in preparation for a repaving job.

I don't know why they're doing this now...the road looked like it was in good shape, and could easily have lasted another couple of years. There are other roads in much worse shape in Brooklyn and Staten Island that should have gone first.

But OK, they're re-paving Fourth Avenue tonight for whatever purpose, I don't know. Have fun boys.  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

WOLVERINE said...

Probably fer th' Marathon which comes up in a month.

The Phantom said...

I think you're correct. A friend told me that. But the road was in perfect shape! This was a waste of taxpayer money

WOLVERINE said...

Hehe welcome to New York.