329 Bay Ridge Avenue
This morning, I took a walk down 68th Street between Third and Fourth Avenues. There are still green, red or yellow stickers on many front doors.
Here is the status of the houses as I see it. If I've made any errors, please point them out:
- 370- Restricted Entry
- 366- Inspected
- 364 Inspected
- 360 Restricted Entry
- 358 Restricted Entry
- 354, 352, 350, 348- Vacate / Unsafe
- 344 Inspected
There are police on the block keeping an eye on things 24 hours a day.
Kirk and others in the neighborhood said that:
- the City, State, Feds ( yes, FEMA was here ) and the Red Cross did an unbelievably good job cleaning up the block and providing aid to the shell-shocked residents who had to vacate their homes.
- Twenty four hours after the storm hit, all the trees and other major obstructions had been removed. The block was in "broom swept" condition.
- State Senator Marty Golden made sure that that governmental agencies responded, with the proper level of aid, right away. Mayor Bloomberg did everything that a mayor could possibly have done, but lets face it, Marty was the demanding coach who let nothing slip.
- Time Warner Cable guys were working in the backyards today, replacing cable
- There are signs reporting that there is a major failure of a Verizon cable.
On Bay Ridge Avenue ( 69th Street ) observed status as follows:
- 357 Inspected
- 353 Restricted Entry
- 351 Restricted Entry / Vacate
- 349, 347, 345, 341 339, 337, 335, 333, 329 Vacate/Unsafe Conditions
- 327 Inspected
343 68th Street