July 24, 2005

Fortway Theater , Banana Leaf

I've been ignoring this blog for awhile, sorry about that. A major reason for this is that I was in Hawaii the week before last, and I was preparing for the trip, then recovering from the trip etc etc.

Whats new in Bay Ridge?

Unfortunately, I've heard that the Fortway Theater has closed. The Fortway joins the Bay Ridge Theater, the Dyker, the Harbor, the Stanley and the Berkshire as Bay Ridge theaters that no longer exist.

And with the rise of DVDs, a lot more neighborhood theaters will be closing, everywhere.

------

And a very local restaurant, Banana Leaf was reviewed in the New York Times. I was reading the NYT in Hawaii when I read this favorable review. I hope this restaurant makes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are a few other Movie theaters that were in Bay Ridge that have closed.
The Electra on 75st and 3rd ave.
The RKO Shore Road on 86th between 4th and 5th and the Harbor on 4th ave and 93st.