329 Bay Ridge Avenue
This morning, I took a walk down 68th Street between Third and Fourth Avenues. There are still green, red or yellow stickers on many front doors.
Here is the status of the houses as I see it. If I've made any errors, please point them out:
- 370- Restricted Entry
- 366- Inspected
- 364 Inspected
- 360 Restricted Entry
- 358 Restricted Entry
- 354, 352, 350, 348- Vacate / Unsafe
- 344 Inspected
There are police on the block keeping an eye on things 24 hours a day.
Kirk and others in the neighborhood said that:
- the City, State, Feds ( yes, FEMA was here ) and the Red Cross did an unbelievably good job cleaning up the block and providing aid to the shell-shocked residents who had to vacate their homes.
- Twenty four hours after the storm hit, all the trees and other major obstructions had been removed. The block was in "broom swept" condition.
- State Senator Marty Golden made sure that that governmental agencies responded, with the proper level of aid, right away. Mayor Bloomberg did everything that a mayor could possibly have done, but lets face it, Marty was the demanding coach who let nothing slip.
- Time Warner Cable guys were working in the backyards today, replacing cable
- There are signs reporting that there is a major failure of a Verizon cable.
On Bay Ridge Avenue ( 69th Street ) observed status as follows:
- 357 Inspected
- 353 Restricted Entry
- 351 Restricted Entry / Vacate
- 349, 347, 345, 341 339, 337, 335, 333, 329 Vacate/Unsafe Conditions
- 327 Inspected
343 68th Street
Thanks for the update!
Joan says, 370-68th restricted, man are you "lucky"!
I spoke to them today. They are allowed into their house, which is not damaged.
The restriction is because a big chunk of metal was blown into their backyard--they're essentially not allowed into the backyard until the thing is removed, that's all.
I noticed you mentionmed 'Enviral Restoration' from smithtown, NY. This company is a bunch of crooks. The owners Jimmy and Joe Stole $15,000 from me this past april. Please be aware of these people and their crews in your homes!
I just came upon this thread while searching about the company ENVIRAL RESTORATION from SMITHTOWN, NY. I had troubled dealings with them too - they have very crafty techniques to con you into signing their paper work. That Joe fellow makes all sorts of promises that I found to eventually be completely false. They say anything to get you to sign. They lied and told me my claim was covered by the insurance company - what a crock! They promised me I would have no out of pocket expenses and then billed me $47,000.00 I coulc'nt believe it! They also left mold behind some of my walls and had the nerve to say it was from another loss and it would be another $7,000.00 to clean it all up. DON'T TRUST ENVIRAL RESTORATION from SMITHTOWN, NY.
I had the same terrible experience with those enviral restoration guys right here in Brooklyn. I think that they are enviral restoration from Deer Park, NY though. I think it's the same company they have a jim and joe there too - they are a bunch of crooks!
I don't understand your comments about Enviral Restoration, Joe is a very professional and honest person who go way above the call of duty. I should know, they did a major flood clean up at my home. SMOKE SOME MORE YOU BOZOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment